Thank you for contacting Engelmann Construction, a representative will contact you shortly.
Do You Have A Cool Roof?
The Department of Energy (DOE), NY State, NY City, the Federal Energy Star Program,and the Leadership in Energy Efficiency Development (LEED) have all come to the same conclusion: Cool Roofing is a Green product that needs support $ by the government. Hence, the birth of Cool roof rebates and LEED points programs.
They provide an easy application process that ends in a rebate check being mailed to the end user. An actual rebate, not a credit! Click their logo above to Learn More.
What also needs to be factored in is much, much more valuable and exciting than the rebate check: the electric savings!! Year after year of reduced cost and extended life of your HVAC equipment are huge advantages. Contact us today and we will calculate that savings in real cash numbers (I love this part of the job!).
The details of the program are listed below and speak for themselves. Thanks for visiting the Engelmann Construction home on the web.
In the SummerA cool roof reduces the heat transferred into a building by reflecting the suns rays (solar reflectance), and by re-emitting the absorbed heat back into the atmosphere (thermal emittance). Such properties allow a cool roof to remain 70-100F cooler than the standard surface, translating into a decreased need for air conditioning and increased energy savings.
In the WinterThe sun is less intense, there are fewer hours of daylight and roofs are often covered with snow; all contributing factors that make a roof a negligible source for heat gain. As a result, the heating penalty often associated with cool roofs in the winter is insignificant and heavily outweighed by the savings achieved during the cooling season.
- Initial Solar Reflectance (SR) must be greater than or equal to .70
- Initial Thermal Emittance (TE) must be greater than or equal to .75 or Solar Reflectance Index (SRI) of 82
- All products must be listed in the Rated Products Directory maintained by the Cool Roof Rating CouncilNew Window
- Eligible product must be installed over A/C space. Electric A/C only
Who Is Eligible?
Cool Roof Energy Highlights
- Comfort - Improved comfort due to lower internal temperatures, especially on the higher levels of multi-story buildings.
- Cost Savings - Reduce energy costs, as well as the maintenance costs of your roof and HVAC equipment.
- Prolonged Life Cycle - As a result of a reduced cooling load, the life and effectiveness of your air conditioning system can be prolonged with the installation a cool roof.
- Roof Maintenance - The greatest cause of roof deterioration is heat fluctuation resulting from the suns daily cycle. Therefore, a highly reflective [cool] roof lasts longer and requires lower maintenance due to reduced thermal flux.
- Environmental Benefit - Cool roofs can dramatically aid in relieving the urban heat island effect- the increase in ambient air temperature due to dark roofs and other non-reflective surfaces that absorb and trap solar radiation/heat. Relieving such an effect leads to a diminished need for A/C, consequently reducing smog formation & CO2 emissions.
- Green Building LEED Certification - LEED certification is a nationally recognized standard for measuring building sustainability and can be achieved by obtaining a variety approved credit points accepted by the USGBC LEED commission. Eligible cool roofs can qualify for SS Credit 7.2, which aims to reduce the heat island effect and its impact on microclimates and habitats.